20140418

My 21st Birthday: Oolaa & Pierre Hermé with Jason!


Apart from with my parents, I celebrated my birthday early - one week early, to be exact - with Jason too! It wasn't really much of a celebration, more like just a dinner that he treated me to. Good enough for me I suppose! Though obviously a surprise would've been much nicer, but I really didn't expect anything haha. And I really couldn't muster up the enthusiasm for anything big because my third-quarter review was coming up... Anyway for my 21st, we went to have dinner at Oolaa and then we got yummy macarons at Pierre Hermé at my request!













The flavours we chose, from left to right:

Infiniment Praliné Noisette: Hazelnut Praliné & Praliné Crisp
Chuhao: Chocolate, Blackcurrant & Blackcurrant Berries
Infiniment Rose: Rose & Rose Petal
Chocolat & Foie Gras: Chocolate & Foie Gras
Infiniment Caramel: Salted-Butter Caramel
Infiniment Café Iapar Rouge du Brésil: Red Iapar Coffee from Brazil
Inifiment Chocolat Pérou: Pure Origin Peruvian Dark Chocolate, Morropon Province, Village of Asprobo
















Erm... and no pics of the half eaten macarons because we consumed them too fast. All that selfcamming with them made us super desperate to try them that taking more pictures completely slipped my mind. I loved all the flavours though, except the Rose Petal and Chocolate & Foie Gras! The first, we only picked because of the pretty pink colour, so we expected it to not taste that great, but the latter was just too odd for me... haha. I mean, it tasted like foie gras, but it was sweet?! Maybe my taste buds just aren't adventurous enough!

I would say I'm pretty boring with flavours, my favourites were... okay fuck, I can't choose just one. I guess the purest flavours, like the Coffee, Chocolate and Hazelnut ones... wait that's all of them LOL. I just didn't really like the Salted Caramel one because caramel has always been too sweet for me, but I know Jason likes the flavour so we picked it!

Either way I think Pierre Hermé tops Ladurée a gazillion times. The flavours were thicker (more my thing!) and the macarons were bigger and they generally tasted better. But that's just my opinion, I know lots of girls who prefer the classic-ness of Ladurée! Try both and see which one you like best! :)


FIND ME ELSEWHERE:
facebook / bloglovin' / twitter / tumblr / instagram / lookbook / youtube

No comments: