20130606

N's Girls in Seoul: Day 1





Korea 2013 trip photos - UNCENSORED

Hello! I'm typing this entry on the 6th of June, it's barely 9:30am... (yes I woke at 6am again, despite sleeping at 2am! Fuck you insomnia) Hard to believe that exactly one week ago we'd just boarded the plane to SEOUL, Korea!

So sad... I miss it tons already. There's something different about going on vacation to another country with your friends that you can't really experience with your family. It's like... even the boring parts where you're waiting for the train or whatnot are fun because you can talk and laugh about anything together.

And the food we eat, the clothes we buy, etc etc... we all have the same tastes, y'know? Whereas when I go with my parents the trip tends to drag on and on and on because we're going to look at temples and nice views which are beautiful but which I also don't really give a shit about....

Not trying to sound ungrateful or anything, I know my parents funded this Korea trip (even though it was super cheap because we found super cheap tickets and stayed in a hostel which cost like $100hkd a night LOL)!

Arrival in Korea!
(Btw, this entry will be a mixture of my photos and Whitney's photos and random iphone photos from all our phones)




The beautiful airport!!!... or the subway station ha ha, either way Incheon Airport was really beautiful :)





On the subway on the disabled seats like the true, embarrassing Chinese people we are. (Y)



It was a lot colder than I expected!!! Cos I googled the weather in Korea and it said 29-30 degrees so I thought it would be similar to Hong Kong, but then I realised that I searched Korea instead of Seoul -_- And I only wore a tank top and shorts on the arrival day, so I had to borrow Whitney's cardigan and she froze to death :( sorry!



Arrival in our hostel! The people were really nice and the rooms were really clean! :) but I didn't really like sharing toilets with the rest of the guests... I guess that's why hostels are cheap but omg. I think I need a real hotel next time because I felt so insecure and uncomfortable all night and I couldn't sleep. :( And there was construction going on RIGHT BESIDE our room - like if we opened the windows the workers are literally right outside - every morning at 7AM...



The super steep slope we had to lug our baggage up to get to the hostel. When we left the hostel people told us that there was actually another easy path a bit to the left... we're so fail haha! At least it was nice exercise...



First look of Itaewon, the SoHo of Korea, where we stayed! I dunno why I didn't come to this area the previous times I came to Korea! Super nice brunch places here, but a little overpriced.



Lots of pretty walls to camwhore with. :) except I didn't feel pretty that day, so I didn't really take a lot of pictures. That, and I didn't want to seem demanding to keep telling my friends to take photos of me LOL.



Itaewon street! With a freakishly long/tall guy in the background o.o





Street shots with Whitney's wide angle lens haha.



We were really hungry right after arrival at our hostel, like at around 5pm or so, so we began to look for dinner right away.







Main road!



Lots of pretty facades and store fronts :)



The first restaurant we went into called Maple Tree House because we wanted Korean BBQ and everyone looked like they were enjoying their awesome meals... but cos we couldn't read Korean we totally got cheated by the pricing -_- like the menu would have a price then the weight of meat that price could buy, and a very misleading picture of a huge dish of meats.

When we asked the waitress about the price, she explained that the price was for ONE slice of meat. We were like wtf and then we just walked out of the restaurant... so thick-skinned and Chinese of us LOL. But seriously!



We ended up at Busan Galbi. Which was still expensive I think, cos Itaewon is a high class area, but much better compared to Maple Tree House. -.-



Oh yeah, the staff there tried to cheat us as well. It could've been an accident, but I don't think so. Like we ordered one Korean pancake, one soup, one rice and two portions of meat... and the staff came with everything we ordered but with TWO bowls of soup instead of one. When we told the staff that we only ordered one bowl they were like, "oh really?"

We said, "yes!" (no, like we would lie?)

And they were like, "but we already cooked it..."

And we replied, "but we didn't order it..."

Like they really wanted us to just accept it and take the extra soup as well, and of course pay for it. The staff kept dawdling and trying to make us take the soup. WTF. But we kept refusing cos a) there was no way we could've finished all the food, we already over-ordered for four small girls without the extra and b) we're too cheap LOL.

But honestly it was damn unethical for the restaurant to try and cheat us like that! They probably thought we were four young clueless girls who didn't know how to say no... unluckily for them we are cheap as fuck. And broke (so it isn't really our fault we're cheap). HA HA.



What I love about Korea the most - the side dishes :)







The girls don't really like meat so I ate a LOT of it... :3 I love meat so much.



After dinner we wanted to go to cut our hair... this is us at the information counter in Itaewon Station. We ended up going to Juno Hair in Apgujeong (yes, we went for a round on the subway specifically to get to the hair salon)... and at the last minute I backed out and didn't cut my hair HAHA so I just sat there waiting for them.

We actually have pictures from the salon but! They're quite uninteresting and I look fat in the only picture of me so I'll just skip posting it. LOL.

That's it for this entry / day one! The entries for the next few days will have to wait cos Whitney left to Cambodia for 2+ weeks and she hasn't sent us the photos from her camera yet. And she basically has the majority of the photos... :S so... hopefully when I blog about the rest of the days I won't have already forgotten the minor details. We also took tons of videos but once again they're on Whitney's camera... so yeah.


FIND ME ELSEWHERE:
facebook / bloglovin' / twitter / tumblr / instagram / lookbook / youtube

No comments: