20140227

Clar's 21st Birthday

The 17th of February was Clar's birthday! Since our first quarter final was the day after, we didn't really celebrate on the day... but we made up for it by having dinner the following Thursday (when we were all recovered from our all-nighters). The girls and I planned a small surprise in studio though. In this entry are some very ugly photos of me, featuring my all-nighter face and unwashed hair. *sigh* Why must Clar's birthday be at such a critical time that I don't have the motivation to look halfway decent for photos that are going to be permanent?
























Had the best cake ever! Well, it wasn't really a cake, more like a cheese tart from Eric Kayser? There were two flavours, raspberry and apple, I think! It was super delicious. I normally freakin' hate cheese but I gobbled the cheese tart up. Maybe cos the fruit toppings sort of covers the majority of the cheesy taste? Either way, I'm glad we had Eric Kayser and not Starbucks from downstairs, which was what we'd originally planned to get because we were tight on time with design and all.

On Thursday, after our history workshop at school, we went to Nha Trang to have dinner!




It was Clar who chose to eat at Nha Trang because she is basically in love with that place, haha. She always goes there! Sort of like me and Outback, I guess... I wouldn't mind having my birthday meal in Outback actually :P We went to the Central branch and I'd heard many stories about it always being full and that there is a constant line up of customers outside waiting for seats at anytime. We arrived at 6:15PM (they open at 6PM) because they don't allow reservations and we didn't want to queue up.

As soon as we got into the restaurant, the staff was rather rude in my opinion, telling us that we had to leave by 7PM. We were like WTF cos that meant we only had forty-five minutes to settle down, look at the menu, order, wait for our food to arrive, then actually eat. We were saying how if it's that stressful to eat, then we'd rather eat elsewhere. =.=

We stayed in Nha Trang though, and the food actually arrived within five minutes of us ordering? I don't know if it's fresh... I mean how could the chefs whip up so many dishes in such a short space of time? Anyway we actually finished eating before 7PM so we fulfilled the staff's stupid wishes.

The food itself was good, I think better than any other Vietnamese restaurant I've dined at in Hong Kong and it was not expensive, but I wouldn't say it was that good? I guess the general public tends to differ though cos when we left at 7PM there was a huge queue lining up outside, true to the rumours!

I honestly think it's just the hype though. Good marketing and great word-of-mouth reviews. I wouldn't line up for it myself.


Afterwards, Hank joined us at Holly Brown for ice cream. Then we went to Taj Bar & Restaurant for drinks and shisha, both of which I didn't have. I left early as well because as you all know, drinking and clubbing aren't really my thing, haha. T'was a good night! And happy birthday once again to my lovely friend Clarissa, even though she won't be reading this! ♡


FIND ME ELSEWHERE:
facebook / bloglovin' / twitter / tumblr / instagram / lookbook / youtube

No comments: