20140208

Year of the Horse 2014

Yay, my favourite holiday is here! It's even more special this year because it's the year of the HORSE, which has been my all-time favourite animal since I could talk haha! Loveeeeed the horse decorations around Hong Kong so much. I didn't take pictures of everything and every meal (which I regret) because it was kinda awkward to whip out my phone or camera when there are tons of elders around lol... But anyway here's my Chinese New Year in pictures :)









CNY decorations in Cityplaza!





CNY decorations in iSquare! The horse was super cute, really looked like the No. 4 Horse character I used to draw when I was younger. (Haha, I invented a cartoon and everything featuring No. 4 Horse and all his racehorse friends... ask anyone from my childhood and they'll know about it!)



After a visit to the dieticians... I gained 3lbs in two weeks! That is a seriously short space of time to gain so much weight, though to be fair I did lose like 1lb when I went to Lijiang and Dali. But still, it's a gain of 2lb overall! Which is quite a feat! I tried not to view this weight gain too negatively (it's complicated) and attempted to cheer myself up by going shopping... actually I was just gonna take a peek inside H&M, wasn't planning on buying anything but I managed to find stuff that I liked... spent $600 in total wtf.



One of my new buys from that haul! A unicorn t-shirt I tried on just for the hell of it and ended up liking too much. =.= It was from the kids section! (basically all my clothes are from the kids section because adult clothes are too big for me)



More No. 4 Horse new year decorations at home! Apparently they're for Feng Shui or something.



Narcissus plants 水仙花 for the new year. Lol I actually had to google the English name.







First day of CNY - face and make up of the day! Wanted to put more care into my make up but failed because we had to get to my Porpor's place really early in the morning (okay, 11 o'clock, but it's early for me) and I woke up really late... never mind then. Haha.





And my rushed and last minute OOTD. I was planning to just wear jeggings as always because I'm boring and because I get cold easily, but it was really hot on CNY day. So I opted for my pinafore dress haha... though you can't even see it in the picture thanks to the filter. It was never a tradition for my family to wear new clothes on CNY but my leather jacket was new from H&M!



First meal of the year of the horse! Just like every other year. Mixed vegetables cooked by my Porpor, which our whole family agrees is basically her best dish lol. Perhaps it's because we only get to eat it once a year. It's a great seller haha.



First selfcam of many after lunch. Chinese New Year is basically just chilling and chatting with your family and it can actually get quite boring after a while, with everyone resorting to watching TV or just being engrossed with their phones. And the filter made my eyebrows look weird in this pic.













Selfcams with Kumamon, the Japanese black bear that my Uncle is obsessed with.



Had time in between lunch and dinner (I don't really do a lot of visitations) so I went to take a peek inside Forever 21... but just like the H&M situation I ended up spending like $500. =.= All from Forever 21 kids section because NOTHING else fits me anymore! I'm so sad! :( Everything on discount didn't fit... really have to gain weight... anyway I bought a pair of shorts, a skirt and two t-shirts :)



Huge, huge home-cooked dinner at my Maamaa's.











Checked out the Molang exhibition at Windsor House after dinner! My Maamaa lives right next to the mall while I was on my way to her place, I spotted the CUTE little bunnies (that look like hamsters lol) and I knew I had to force my parents to help me take photos when we left. Cos you know, they'll be taken down soon!



Buying fruits, the usual. (For me to eat, not for CNY gifts, since I basically inhale fruits so we need to refill our basket two to three times a week)



Fireworks on the second day of CNY! Okay I cheated, I didn't take this photo, Vikki sent it to me. LOL. But since I completely missed the fireworks and it's an important part of Hong Kong CNY celebrations...



This is the reason why I missed the fireworks. My family's annual tradition is to watch Hong Kong's yearly Chinese New Year movie on the second day. But bleh, I didn't really like this year's movie, its only redeeming factor for me was Fiona Sit and Karena Ng who were both SO PRETTY!



Third day of CNY, Kornhill's dumbass lion dance at 10AM. Having been unwillingly woken up by it the past two years (I remember writing raging Facebook statuses about it), I just knew it would happen again this year. I just wasn't sure if it was the second or third day of CNY. Well thanks to the lion dance I only got 5 hours of sleep fml.


FIND ME ELSEWHERE:
facebook / bloglovin' / twitter / tumblr / instagram / lookbook / youtube

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so pretty, Charmaine :)

keecat said...

you and your mom are so adorable together!