20140118

Osaka, Hiroshima & Kobe 2013: Part 2


Part 1  |  Part 2  |  Part 3

Part 2 of my family trip to Osaka, Hiroshima and Kobe in summer 2013 consists of days four and five. On day four we went to visit the Awaji Yumebutai 淡路夢舞台 on Awaji Island... a must visit for architecture students... because it's the work of Tadao Ando! On day five we stayed around the Arima Onsen area.

Day 4:
Awaji Island and Awaji Yumebutai



OOTD was full body Mongkok clothes, just like your typical 港女!





And a few selfies while waiting for breakfast... or was this after breakfast? I don't remember.



Our "western style breakfast", which wasn't really "western" at all. We got to choose between Japanese style or western style and all of us picked western except my Mum. But check out the bread platter! Yum yum to the max!





Waiting for check out. Leaving Miyajima Island to take the train to our next destination, Kobe!



Taking the ship off the island.



So bored, must take selfies on the boat because face always looks fresh in the morning... by afternoon all my make up goes wonky.







Andddd forcing my Grandma and Dad to selfcam with me because I was bored of solo-ing it up.



Arrival at Kobe JR station! My Dad and Uncle went to drop off our luggages at the hotel we'd be staying in that night while my Grandma, Mum and I waited and shopped at the station. Here's Anpanman, so cute!









Waiting for the train to our next destination: Awaji Island... which was proposed by me! Because everyone from HKU Architecture who goes to Kobe or something visits that place, so I felt kind of obligated to too hahaha. That and I was interested myself as well!



Some sort of citrus cake roll that apparently had really good reviews so my family bought a small box to try it. I don't think it was anything special though?



Got off the train to take the bus to Awaji Island! The bus stop was on top of the highway, so we had to take tons of escalators up like four plus floors! So cool :P



Bus has arrived! Hello Uncle, haha.



When we got off the JR train earlier, we went to buy our lunch at the convenience stores in the station because we wouldn't have time for a proper sit-down meal cos much of it would be spent travelling. My family all got bread but I wanted bento instead. This was just from a random store but it looks super good, as with everything in Japan. Nom nom!

Next few pictures will be taken in Awaji hotel... I took sooo many pictures of the architecture but shortlisted my photos to only a few to upload as to not bore everyone else.











































Cappella Di Mare 海の教堂 by Tadao Ando.



Back in the city area - tons of yummy looking cakes for sale at the JR station!



No photos but we went to shop in a faraway clothing outlet! Can't remember the name though... it wasn't that great for me cos the brands don't really suit me. We had dinner (which I didn't take a picture of) at a random ramen store in a nearby mall and I ended up arguing with my Mum SO MUCH cos I didn't want to eat ramen. Yes I am weird like that, I don't like ramen. :S





Arrived and settled at our hotel in Kobe. Can't believe it was in such an urban-city area but it had no internet... sad sad.



The night view was gorgeous though!

Day 5:
Heading off to Arima Onsen



OOTD: top from Cotton On (sleeves cut by Clar), faux-leather leggings from Mongkok and denim jacket from H&M.


Happy breakfast time as always, because breakfasts are always BUFFETS! And what's more, the buffets in Japan are not oily and super clean :) *coughunlikechinacough*


Round one of my breakfast.



Spent the morning travelling to our next destination, Arima Onsen area. Shopped a little in the mall in Kobe and had lunch at the food court there... but once again I argued with my Mum cos I didn't really want to eat any of the foods in the food court :S I went to a random convenience store to buy my own bento in the end.



It was raining when we got to Arima Onsen in the afternoon, which really ruined my mood cos I HATE THE RAIN! And it was colddddd as fuck without the sun!


Finally arrived at our hotel after a lot of travelling. The hotel wasn't bad actually, as you can see in the background there are tons of souvenir stores with unlimited free-tasting of biscuits... :9 which kept me busy and amused for quite a while. And they had fast-ish wifi in the lobby!



Our room. Omg at night there was this poisonous centipede thing... freaked me out so bad. We had to get the hotel staff to clear it away and I couldn't sleep soundly after that cos I was so paranoid the dead centipede's relatives would come and get revenge on us LOL.



My Dad fixing our own wifi router to the ethernet so I could have internet on my phone. My hero! :') although it didn't work in the end and I had to use the internet in the lobby lol.

















Our super yummy dinner buffet! This night's dinner was my favourite out of the whole trip, because 1) it was a buffet, duh 2) it was a healthy buffet and 3) it had a chocolate fountain! Couldn't stop with the desserts omg, especially the ice cream puffs which I coated with chocolate... fml I'm so hungry typing this now!


FIND ME ELSEWHERE:
facebook / bloglovin' / twitter / tumblr / instagram / lookbook / youtube

No comments: