20140101

Christmas Eve Lunch Buffet at the Island Shangri-La ❅☃

Herro! First of all, happy new year 2014! I really wanted to clear my backdated posts from 2012 and 2013 before the new year rolled around but I was soooo busy and I had no time. Oh well. I'll continue clearing out old shit in the new year then LOL. Gonna blog about my Christmas Eve lunch buffet with my parents today! :)

I'd been looking forward to this buffet since FOREVER... and I'm not joking when I say that, because it's been waaaay too long since I'd been to a buffet (I think last time was when I was in Japan during the summer?)! Plus I was going to Island Shangri-la's buffet! Omg who wouldn't be excited!

It was a day I'd planned for myself to be a free eating day from the very beginning. Meaning, I could binge all I wanted. A cheat day. Normally when I binge on junk food I feel super guilty about it, but from the moment my parents told me we'd be having this buffet I'd already decided to make it a cheat day, so I didn't feel guilty! :)


Bought this bottle of carbonated water from Citysuper the day before when I was with the N Girls. Not because I like carbonated water (I hate it actually... makes me feel bloated and the taste is salty-ish like WHY would you mess with the natural taste of water!!!) but because I really wanted the bottle LOL. I wanted to make their present with a coke bottle in the beginning following ilikeweylie's tutorial on Youtube (I love her btw) but... idk. I liked the blue of this bottle and it was cheaper HAHA!

I didn't take a picture of the finished product cos I finished it at 3AM the night before =.= woops, last minute me strikes again. But you can see it in some of the photos I'm gonna post now!








Café Too had such a huge variety of food! And all very nommy too! :D the only disappointment was there wasn't really anything special to the buffet - I THINK - even though it was during Christmas Eve? I suppose maybe it was because it was only lunch... not dinner. They did have a turkey though, which I went back for for multiple rounds (I LOVE dry dry meat). I'm not sure if it was exclusive to Christmas or not because I don't have buffets weekly or anything LOL but whatever.


My parents and the decorated bottle! Actually the bottom was completely hidden by the wrapping bag lol, so the blue colour was kinda pointless. I rolled a "heartfelt letter" inside.





I'm so happy and grateful for my parents, because I know how much they love me, no matter what... even during this half year when I began throwing more tantrums cos I'm so stressed all the time. I know they spoil me and sometimes I take advantage of their love... that's something I really have to change in 2014. I'm going to stop disappointing them and make myself happy and healthy again!









My first dessert dish! I had more desserts than main meals? I couldn't stop...



For my seconds I went back for three more apple crumble tarts, FOUR more nutella log cakes (omg they were the BOMB! Seriously NEVER tasted cake so good), had another chocolate cake (not pictured here) and another coffee cake (not pictured here) and a crepe with fruits and ice cream (not pictured here) and like seven more macarons? I used to hate macarons but now I really like them... the earl grey flavour was SOOOO perfect!

I wish they had a chocolate fountain though! To make up for it I had a marshmallow coated in chocolate which was ZE BOMB. But would've been better if the marshmallow was melted like we do in barbecues haha.



Interior of the pink marshmallow! So pretty and it really tasted as good as it looks! :D





With the giant Christmas tree in Island Shangri-la. I loveeee Christmas decorations and Christmas trees! I didn't get to see much this year because I was so busy with school work. What a shame. Can't wait till next year when I'll be less swamped with work cos I'll have a more regular life instead of being at school, trapped in the studio all day.







Christmas trees and decorations at Pacific Place. So happy with my parents! :)

I really wanted to spend more time with my family after lunch, just walking around and stuff but I had to rush off to help at the food expo (next post!). I had a part time job during Christmas Day and Boxing Day which was a slightly sad way to spend my Christmas! I actually regretted agreeing to the job, even if it means $$$ during the holidays, because I'm already so stressed from school... why give myself stress even during the holidays? But oh well!

On Christmas Eve evening I watched Frozen with Jason! It was SOOOO good!!! Then I had to rush home promptly after the movie cos I had work at like 8AM the next morning, lol. Props to Jason for being so understanding hahaha cos I got home by like 10PM. ON CHRISTMAS EVE.


FIND ME ELSEWHERE:
facebook / bloglovin' / twitter / tumblr / instagram / lookbook / youtube

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to ask, and you don't have to answer, but why did your blood test fail? :( Are your health problems related to you losing too much weight? :( I sincerely hope you get better during the New Year