20151021

Vegfest 2015

First things first: I am not vegetarian. Not even in the slightest bit. All my friends joke about how I love eating chicken breast, especially when it's not juicy... yes, some of us actually like tasteless, dried up grilled chicken! And while I don't eat red meat that often, I actually don't mind it too much. I don't think I could ever be vegetarian. I even tried to watch documentaries showing suffering animals and the conclusion I got out of them was: I am a heartless, compassionless bitch.

However, I do really like healthy foods and products, so actually Vegfest 2015 was an event I was super interested in! It wasn't held at a convenient location as well. It was out of the way in Hong Kong Adventist Academy in Clear Water Bay, which doesn't have an MTR station and reaching there requires other forms of transport. I still went, so yeah, you can imagine how enthusiastic I was about it. Unlike all the expat-y Facebook events, all Vegfest had was a half-broken website in Chinese, so you can't blame me for doubting it at first, especially when I got to the shuttle bus stop and it was lined up with elderly people. It got worse when the shuttle bus arrived and a bus-load of old people climbed off, talking about how bad it was. I almost felt sorry for Jason, who I'd dragged along and was shooting pleading looks at me as if to say: do we have to go?

Well, it turned out pretty nice! I actually enjoyed the sun, there was plenty of food and products on offer and activities to keep you busy. The only annoying thing was a woman being super preachy with me about eating meat, but other than that it was a really good day.















FIND ME ELSEWHERE:
facebook / bloglovin' / twitter / tumblr / instagram / lookbook / youtube

No comments: